Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My small Christian Louboutin Collection



Okay so I bought a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps from New York. As you all know, I already have the Fifi 100 in turquoise metallic seude. So I needed a classic black pair so I bought the Simple 100 in black patent.


My choices were either the Decolletes, Simple 100 or Simple 85. The Decolletes look so beautiful but they didn't have my size. The Simple 85 were super comfy because of the lower heel (8.5cm) but it didn't have that wow factor compared to the Simple 100 (10.0cm). I wear a size 38 in Aldo for reference. I found the decolletes to run half a size too small so I sized up to a 38.5. However, they were pretty uncomfortable because the slope/pitch of the heels were pretty steep. The Simple pumps of both heights were true to size. I wanted them in black patent because I've scratched my Feticha 120 in black calf leather before (I've sold them).



These cost $625USD or $645CAD. Honestly, the price difference isn't that big of a deal from USD to CAD. In Vancouver, Holt Renfrew has the monopoly for premium designer goods and I can never find my size for Christian Louboutin heels nor have any established relationship with any sales association in the shoe department.

Then ohsovonnie decided to sell me her Iowa Zeppa (not produced anymore at the moment) because it was a half size too small for her but it fit me perfectly! I love her to death and I've always wanted Christian Louboutin mary jane pumps but the current one looks ugly to me. She barely worn her heels and they were in great condition. Love her! I've always wanted these mary jane pumps because I've seen For the Love of Retail wear them as well. I've admired in the distance, knowing I would never get my hands on them ever... but it was fate!

Simple 100, Iowa Zeppa and (similar) Fifi 100

So my little Christian Louboutin collection grew to 3 pairs. I may consider selling my Fifi 100 (they are size 39) but feel like a true to size 38.5. I put heel grips because my heels fly out of them. I do not want to part with my Fifi 100 but if I find a better fitting coloured pair, I may sell it off.



Also I bought these beautiful Chloe sunglasses from the Barney's Outlet in Woodbury Common's Outlet. They were only $110 from $330. They were the last pair too. I love the scalloped edges. I think a girl should 3 different styles of sunglasses: a pair of aviators, bugged eye sunglasses and wayfarer-like sunglasses.


Sorry for the dusty sunglasses


These are my best purchases from my NYC trip. I've bought a few things from Forever 21 here and there but it's not really worth mentioning in my opinion. I honestly didn't shop much in NYC. It was #1 tourist attractions, #2 food and then #3 shopping. I only had one day (3 hours of that day) to visit 5 major department stores for a pair of black Christian Louboutin pumps in my size. I only found the Simple 100 at Barney's. Every other place was sold out of size 338 for black pumps. It was so frustrating.


My next few posts will be about:

- an awesome shaving razor
- relationships
- my give away once I've hit 100,000 hits or 100 subscribers
- dinner outfit photos


Are you guys excited!?

18 comments:

  1. Great collection! I have yet to own even one pair.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks hun! i don't know why i didn't follow your blog any sooner. They are so pretty but only a few Louboutin pumps are comfy. The simples are the most comfy. All the slope/pitches of the other pumps are not comfy. Decolletes, Fifi and Pigalles are only for mingling at dinners. The iowa zeppas are really comfy =)

      Delete
  2. Yay! Now we're shoe twins. I have the black simples too, but in 85. You're soooo lucky to have the Zeppas. I hate how my pumps always fly off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the 85s were awesome but since i have average-big feet. it made my feet look bigger. but im sure you have cute small feet so it looks way better on u =)

      i think one foot is slightly bigger so i may have to fine thinner heel grips for my iowa zeppas

      Delete
    2. Yeah but at least they won't keep slipping off your foot because of the strap.

      Delete
  3. How exciting you got these and I love how they're classic black. I would love to get a pair one day. Those shades are so hot!

    xoDale
    www.savvyspice.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're beautiful! Glad you were able to pick up some nice things from your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks annie! i was determined to find a black CL pumps on my trip. if i didn't, i woulda walked into Hermes lol...which... i'm not sure would be a good thing...

      Delete
  5. your small collection is three more than i have! i have always wondererd how comfortable they are! for the price, they should feel like you're walking on clouds, lol! i love the mary janes.

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh gosh...the Fifi isn't comfortable at all. But the Simples and the Ioqa Zeppas are super comfy. I say if you had to get your first pair, get the Simple in any heel height =)

      you would think expensive shoes should be comfy =(

      Delete
  6. Love the shoes, such a great collection, I hope to own a pair one day!

    xoxo
    Stacey

    http://fiveminutestyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have such a classy collection of Christian Louboutin's. I love sensible collections. Nothing too over the top. I believe in quality over quantity any day. I just bought the Pigalle Black Patent Leather Pump because it is classic and has the most gorgeous silhouette. Thanks for sharing your collection and I hope there are many more to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does the pigalle hurt? They look painful but so pretty!

      Delete
  8. If you could only have one pair of shoes in your closet, I'd recommend that it was a pair of Christian Louboutin pumps. If I was allowed to suggest a second pair, it would be a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. These two shades would work with nearly anything in your closet, and of course, basic pumps are classics that will work with everything from jeans to suits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear counterfeit louboutin heels sorry. Only the real deal.

      Delete
  9. Hi! I'm thinking of buying a pair of CLs on my trip to Vegas this month. I'm also from Canada, do you know how much the Simples or Pigalle retail for at Holts? I'm more into designer bags than shoes so I don't own any pairs of $250, however, are they really worth the high price tag? How have they held up over time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey my the simples here and in nyc are the same now! it sucks right? i thought it be cheaper in the USA but the simples 100 are $625CAD

      i think they are worth the designer price. it will be your cinderella shoe. so far my simples have held up fine. the patent is pretty durable in my opinion. i don't really do any extensive dancing or walking in them tho.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...