Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Holt Renfrew Public Sale Event: Nov 5-6, 2011

The infamous 25% off Holt Renfrew event is back. I remember this event used to be on the Saturday before Christmas since 2008 (in 2008, it was take 25% off your purchase). But a few years after, this event changed it's dates several times so I could never keep track of it anymore. This 25% "off" sale gives you the savings back into the form of a gift card to be spent on that month of November. It seems like the Holt Renfrew sales are getting worse and worse over the years as they are becoming more frugal. So the public sale is on November 5-6 but the private sale for Amex cardholders is the day before on November 4, 2011.


Your typical exclusions apply (aka - all the good stuff like Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Balenciaga, Prada, Louboutin). However, there are still other decent brands such as: Burberry, Tory Burch, Valentino, Jimmy Choo and Ferragamo that are included.


I remember a few of their past years Gift Card sales ($25 back for spending $250, $50 for $500, $75 for $750 and $100 for $1000)... I was able to get gift cards from buying Louis Vuitton items. But gone were those days!


I was poking around online and I found these cute Ferragamo flats. They are $415 Canadian or $395 USD. The thing is, I do need a pair of basic black flats but I don't really know if I want them. Hahaha, usually it's the other way around.

I want to start trying new styles like wearing black tights with black flats and black shorts with a big chunky sweater or a blouse. I do have Tory Burch flats but I feel that the medallion may be too showy and that the Ferragamo ones are more subtle.


It comes in a beautiful dark burgundy as well called Oxblood.


Then omg, these ones...they are about $180 more than the basic ones. It retails for $575 USD. They have a snake skin cap toe and jewels on the bows. The bad part is that the shoe is seude. What's worst than a seude show in Vancouver? a light coloured suede shoe. If this was in leather or patent, I would get it in a heart beat.



Then I saw the cutest jelly flats ever! It's only $160 USD. They look cute in the stock photo but I'm not sure how they would look on.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh I got the invite too! I got something, but I'm picking it up with my gift card during the sale so I can get my gift card hehe! I'll post it on my blog soon. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. eep! I want to see what you purchased. I can't wait for your post =)

    Also i remember seeing you wearing the heeled ferragamo flats. How do they fit in general?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes...I forgot to mention in my last comment. They're quite true to size, but I got the B, and it was a bit narrow. There are different widths, and I'd get the C next time because I have wide feet and I heard it's more comfortable.
    Have you thought about getting the "heeled" flats? I think they're actually more comfortable than the very flat flats, lol.
    Btw, I get compliments on them all the time. I think you should go for it. I actually wear them all the time lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...