Thursday, November 24, 2011

Beauty Products I Love To Use

So my other post was about the beauty products I regret purchasing. This one is about my favorites that I use for my every day routine.

I rebuy these products every time I am out - so that's what I used as a standard for a favorite item


1. Laura Mercier foundation primer in oil free - $30 USD

I've only used 3 face primers before and they were: Laura Mercier, Bare Escentuals, and Smashbox. Smashbox was great but it was the most expensive and jar was small in volume. The Laura Mercier primer the best buy in terms of performance, price and volume per mL. The texture of the Laura Mercier primer is a milky lotion. It dries fast and it adheres the make up pretty well. Although the Laura Mercier primer doesn't leave that silky feeling on your face like the Smashbox primer, I felt their performance was about the same.


2. Bare Escentuals spf 15 matte foundation - $26 USD

Once you use mineral foundation, you never want to use liquid or powder ever again. I hate liquid foundation because it runs no matter how much setting powder you put on during the day. Powder foundations (from the drugstore) don't give much coverage. Bare Escentuals mineral foundations are very light and offer medium coverage. You don't use that much and I find one jar lasts me a month even though I put on make up about 6 days out of the week.


3. NARS concealer - $22

The best concealer ever! It offers high coverage and it's in a lipstick tube form. I found that the shade ginger is identical to my golden olive skin tone. I never found a perfect match until now - yay!



4. Estee Lauder MagnaScopic mascara - $22 USD and Maybelline stiletto mascara - $12 CAD

I love this mascara. It really elongates and volumizes your lashes. The packaging is cute! It's an elongated football shape. My mom usually gifts me with samples of this mascara since she loves Estee Lauder products. If I run out of that mascara, my second favorite mascara (from the drugstore) would be Maybelline's stiletto mascara since it is cheaper in price and pretty much has the same elongating effect.


5. NYC liquid eyeliner - $1.97 USD

I like this eye liner because the tip is so fine and draws really thin lines. The price point is amazing. It's hard to find the jet black colour in Canada since I always find the pearlescent black ones. I usually buy this at Walmart when I go to the states. I have yet to find a really good eye liner that stays black all day and has a fine tip brush. This one fades a bit. But for $2, it's impressive!


6. Stila eyeshadow in Kitten and Golightly - $18 USD each

I love the eyeshadow Kitten for highlighting my brow bone, nose and above check bones. Kitten is a very fine shimmer champagne colour. I sweep the shade Golightly on my eyelids - it's the perfect shimmering metallic bronze. I can find other brown/bronze shades for my lids but I can't find another eyeshadow as awesome as Kitten.


7. NARS lip glosses - $24 USD

I love NARS lip glosses because they are so non sticky and pigmented. I usually gravitate towards the matte lip glosses from NARS. I have so many cheap shimmery lip glosses I need to get through (or lose) before I buy more lip glosses haha.


8. Versace Bright Crystal - $50 CAD for 30mL

I was given this perfume as a gift for Christmas from my brother's girlfriend. I really love this scent. It's a sheer icy floral scent that's very unique (if that makes any sense). It has hints of peony blossoms, magnolia, pomegranate and more. It's not a cheap sweet smelling perfume. I highly recommend this perfume just don't wear it around me if you are my friend because it's my scent hehe. Come to think of it, I should really get a travel size version to put in my purse.


9. Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye Synchronized Complex - $62 for 15mL

I've been trying to get rid of my dark circles and eye bags for a while. I know I'm prone to getting them because my mom has it as well. At least she got a permanent fix for those eye bags. I'm too scared to go under the knife in the future for that. But the only eye cream I found to actually work was this one. But holy moly, it's 15mL for about $62 CAD. Not sure if this one is going to be my regular buy yet.

For everything else that was not mentioned (like blush, lipsticks, setting powders, etc), I just don't have an all time favorite that I use.

3 comments:

  1. I'm in need of a new primer so maybe I'll try the Laura Mercier one next :) Smashbox was the first primer I ever used. I agree that for the price, you don't get too much.

    The NYC liquid liner is great too. It was my first ever liquid liner and I've stuck with it ever since. I think I bought the Jet Black one at Walmart on Grandview highway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore NARS. Have you tried their eyeshadows? Their unique pigments get me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice things for a girl - yeah laura mercier is the best bang for your buck. i haven't tried any drugstore primers to compare it to the LM one though. OOOO thanks for the type. I'll check that Walmart since I sort of live close to that one anyways. I go to Superstore sometimes and I never find the right NYX black eye liner, it's always some sparkly one.

    xoxoCat - ooh never. I shall try them next time =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...