Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Obsession With Wedges

Okay, so I've sinned. I bought another pair of wedges! That puts me at 2 pairs of wedge shoes this week. I bought these ones from Aldo online for $38! So that's my justification. Plus, I always wanted them anyways. I think I might have bought the last pair/style because after I checked out, the shoe disappeared from the site! I was going to screen shot it. But oh well. I can't wait to pair these with black leggings or skinnies, a long flowy top and a jacket. I think these shoes look better on because you can see more of the teardrop hole in between the laces and it helps elongate the legs. The cuffs and the exposed heel adds some more excitement to the shoe as well.


I think the obsession with wedges was passed down from my mom. When I was little she would call them "boat shoes" in Cantonese because the wedge resembles the bottom curvature of a ship. Most of her shoes she owns have a wedge heel on them. I like wedges because it gives the shoe a casual feel in comparison to a stiletto and I like them because it's more comfortable. Some people think wedges are ugly because it's chunky but I like the fact they give off a "not-so-feminine but still feminine vibe" lol. I hope I make sense.

I love the Aldo website. I usually stalk their clearance/sale section because all their shoes goes on sale anyways. If I don't need them right away, I usually wait. I can't wait to get these in the mail in a few days.

Here are some pictures of some wedges I love but missed the boat on buying them =(

Alexander Wang Kasia wedges $550 because I saw HRH Collection wear them

House of Harlow Veronika wedges $240 because I saw For the Love of Retail wear them

2 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous! I agree, i am a definite fan of wedges, i like the look of them more and they are 10x easier to walk in and more comfortable!
    Lovely blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...